This goal of this position is to design, develop, and support the expansion of the DLN software offerings
as well as support the implement and installation customer projects. The desired candidate will provide
technical leadership and provide expertise and guidance in implementation of the DLN software
roadmap. The candidate will at times work closely with clients and the project engineering team to
provide a solid and performing solution. Successful candidates should have experience and knowledge
of software development methods and technologies as well as experience in the material handling
industry. This position is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a hybrid remote option.
• Experience in managing and supporting software development life cycles.
• Ability to work in a team environment and provide guidance to other developers.
• Excellent trouble shooting skills.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to engage with customers effectively
1. Development Responsibilities:
• Drawing on expertise on the material handling industry to guide functionality and design to
the development team.
• Use experience with customer installations to improve the base DLN offerings.
• Participate in development meetings and code reviews.
• General code development.
2. Project Responsibilities
• Participate in customer kick-off and design meetings. Assist the project manager and
software project engineer in the creation of project specifications and design parameters as
• Work with project team to develop and support any required custom modules and
• Proactively troubleshoot and resolve complex issues that arise during implementation.
• Travel to site to support software project engineers if required.
3. Support Responsibilities
• Ensure future development will continue to support existing systems and provide an upgrade
path if needed for existing customers.
• Provide Tier II support to the support team during working hours and potentially after hours.
• Receive feedback from the support team on any software enhancements required to
improve supporting the system.
DLN Integrated Systems keeps businesses running smoothly. We were founded in 2002 and have continued to grow since then, helping our clients optimize their material handling and supply chain operations with expert design, installation and support. Our team includes mechanical, controls, software and robotics engineers, as well as project managers, technicians and an active sales team.
DLN is an independent systems integrator, which means our day-to-day tasks are richly varied, with exposure to the most cutting-edge automation technologies in our industry. Because our systems are thoughtfully customized to our clients’ unique needs, our concepts and designs are limitless.
DLN prides itself on being an employer of choice for people at all stages of their careers. Generous benefits, competitive compensation and paid time off are standard. We also offer work-from-home options, flexibility in schedule, and when you’re at the office you’re free to bring your dog. Our team also has opportunities to develop their skills with professional development, and leadership regularly recognizes the achievements and contributions of our team.
Outside of work, DLN actively participates in several non-profits, including a major role in the Kent County Toys for Tots program, and an annual golf outing benefiting the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan.
Candidates for some roles may be required to pass a drug screen and background check. DLN is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. DLN is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, email email@example.com.