This Grand Rapids based position for a Software Project Engineer is to support our Software, Automation, and
Service Management groups during the implementation and installation of a customer project. The candidate
will be responsible for mastering the installation, setup and configuration, and customization of the DLN
software suite. The desired candidate will provide technical leadership, work autonomously, and provide
software support. The candidate will work closely with clients and the project engineering team to provide a
solid and performing solution. In addition to project work, the candidate will also work with the development
team to advance the DLN software offerings and will be key in providing project related knowledge and
feedback for improving the product line. Successful candidates should have experience and knowledge of
software development methods and technologies. This position is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a hybrid remote option.
1. Project Responsibilities (Primary):
• Participate in customer kick-off and design meetings. Assist the project manager in the creation of
project specifications and design parameters as needed.
• Work with project team to develop and support any required custom modules and interfaces.
• Provide regular updates and feedback on project status.
• Setup and configure a customer’s installation.
• Proactively troubleshoot and resolve complex issues that arise during implementation.
• Travel to site to install and test with the customer and to provide end-user training.
2. Development Responsibilities:
• Work with the development team to provide design ideas based upon your experience with customer
• Participate in development meetings and code reviews.
• General code development as needed.
3. Support Responsibilities
• Provide remote trouble shooting and on-site trouble shooting as required during project installation.
• Assist clients while support is transitioned from the project team to the support team.
• Once transitioned, provide Tier II support to the support team during working hours and potentially
• Excellent trouble shooting skills.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to engage with customers effectively.
• Travel up to 33% of time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/ computer information systems / engineering or related field
• 1 – 10 years of experience in a software engineering environment.
• Existing expertise or willingness and ability to learn Warehouse workflows (receiving, put-away, picking,
packing, sortation, and shipping).
• Primary backend development will be in C# and SQL, however experience in other object-oriented
languages such as C++, Java, etc. is a plus.
• Primary user interface development uses Ignition to generate HTML pages. Experience with CSS and
Python is a plus.
• Experience with Windows server environments and configurations.
• Experience in configuring and troubleshooting general IT issues with workstations and printers.
• Understanding of various interface methodologies and data formats such as sockets, RESTful, SOAP, XML,
JSON, flat file, EDI, etc.
• Experience in ZPL and/or SATO is a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. DLN does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected factor.
DLN Integrated Systems keeps businesses running smoothly. We were founded in 2002 and have continued to grow since then, helping our clients optimize their material handling and supply chain operations with expert design, installation and support. Our team includes mechanical, controls, software and robotics engineers, as well as project managers, technicians and an active sales team.
DLN is an independent systems integrator, which means our day-to-day tasks are richly varied, with exposure to the most cutting-edge automation technologies in our industry. Because our systems are thoughtfully customized to our clients’ unique needs, our concepts and designs are limitless.
DLN prides itself on being an employer of choice for people at all stages of their careers. Generous benefits, competitive compensation and paid time off are standard. We also offer work-from-home options, flexibility in schedule, and when you’re at the office you’re free to bring your dog. Our team also has opportunities to develop their skills with professional development, and leadership regularly recognizes the achievements and contributions of our team.
Outside of work, DLN actively participates in several non-profits, including a major role in the Kent County Toys for Tots program, and an annual golf outing benefiting the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan.
Candidates for some roles may be required to pass a drug screen and background check. DLN is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. DLN is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, email email@example.com.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, opportunity for growth, and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates may be required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.