This Grand Rapids based Mechanical Systems Engineer position performs a wide variety of engineering
functions related to the execution of orders for engineered material handling systems. Persons in this
position have a solid foundation in engineering theory and principles and proficiency in the application of
material handling equipment. This person receives data and instruction from the Director of Mechanical
Engineering, Project Engineers, and Project Managers related to the system concept, specifications, and
building interfaces, equipment order entry, and prepares complete layout and installation drawings.
1. Checking order entry documents, pricing, vendor interfaces, and layout / installation drawings.
2. Procurement of equipment per the project schedule.
3. Responsible for documenting engineering data and maintaining a complete file for all project
4. Responsible for the correct application of equipment and for the design of all special devices
incorporated in all projects assigned.
5. Understands the objective of the assigned projects, including the flow analysis and controls
6. Prepares recommendations for system or equipment improvements.
7. Performs functions utilizing the Project Order system to enter orders for standard equipment as
well as resale equipment and services.
8. Completes drawings via AutoCad, Demo 3D, or Sketch Up.
9. Discusses special component requirements with vendors and prepares detailed specifications of
components to obtain quotations and/or place purchase orders.
10. Is responsible for enforcing all published standard instructions applicable to mechanical
engineering to ensure that all work performed is done in accordance with those instructions and
that all drawings released are in accordance with published Engineering Drawing Standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• 3 – 6 year’s experience in designing conveyor systems or related engineering field using AutoCAD
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills to interface with customers and vendors.
• Cross-functional team experience a plus.
• Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Up to 30% travel may be required.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. DLN does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected factor.
DLN Integrated Systems keeps businesses running smoothly. We were founded in 2002 and have continued to grow since then, helping our clients optimize their material handling and supply chain operations with expert design, installation and support. Our team includes mechanical, controls, software and robotics engineers, as well as project managers, technicians and an active sales team.
DLN is an independent systems integrator, which means our day-to-day tasks are richly varied, with exposure to the most cutting-edge automation technologies in our industry. Because our systems are thoughtfully customized to our clients’ unique needs, our concepts and designs are limitless.
DLN prides itself on being an employer of choice for people at all stages of their careers. Generous benefits, competitive compensation and paid time off are standard. We also offer work-from-home options, flexibility in schedule, and when you’re at the office you’re free to bring your dog. Our team also has opportunities to develop their skills with professional development, and leadership regularly recognizes the achievements and contributions of our team.
Outside of work, DLN actively participates in several non-profits, including a major role in the Kent County Toys for Tots program, and an annual golf outing benefiting the Epilepsy Foundation of Michigan.
Candidates for some roles may be required to pass a drug screen and background check. DLN is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. DLN is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, email email@example.com.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, opportunity for growth, and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates may be required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.